• Above are the galleries showcasing both the process of planning and creating the paper sculpture I made.
  • Below showcases the final artwork in a gallery meant for focus and reflection. With added detail following.

My final work encompasses the psychedelic colour scheme using vibrancy and value to shock the viewer and create a visual experience. I use repetition of paper rolls to create fullness and cohesiveness throughout the piece. I use variety of different paper technique such as coils, rolling, folding, cutting, and creating circles. After my critiques I worked on creating balance between the mushroom cap and the ground and mimicked a similar shape to create an almost reflection as well as adding in mirrored fringe that reach towards each other to bring in a sense of cohesiveness. I believe the use of layering creates emphasis on each line as well as creating a sequential rhythm throughout the piece. This piece was made with hours worth of work, a clear vision, and trial and error. While I started with a clear idea and some aspects went to plan the rest required playfulness and the ability to scrap an idea and start all over again. I am proud of the sculpture I created and feel I was able to create a representational piece while also using colour and orientation to represent that psychedelic experience.