Hey Hailey!

My experience with augmented reality has been interesting. My dad has an oculus which is a virtual reality headset. We play video games on it and we have attended virtual experiences as well. Our last flight we were on I decided to take the headset as my dad travels for work and said its awesome to watch movies on. I put the head set on mid flight to watch my movie and after the flight I meet back up with my family and they were laughing because of all the weird looks I had gotten. Although I enjoyed myself it made me think that while I have been fortunate enough to have that experience it is still foreign to many. You did an awesome job researching new technology and highlighting how it could be an effective tool for the classroom. You also reflected on a teaching tool this week and your personal experience with AR which used the interactive learning model.

I am excited to continue to learn with you Hailey and get to work collaboratively each week in our learning pod. Thank you for sharing your experience with AR and I think there are so many ways we can use it in our future classroom when the technology becomes more affordable.

Steele, H. (2022, May 14). Augmented Reality – Mademoiselle H’s Education Journey. Mademoiselle H’s Education Journey – My Experience in the Elementary Education Program at UVic. https://mllehedu.opened.ca/2022/05/14/augmented-reality/